Are you graduating?Make sure to pay attention to degree candidate information on the Commencement page, emails sent to your Lamar email and/or preferred email, and our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Students should pay attention to the following checklist. To view more detailed information regarding each checklist item, please click on the accordion links below.
Application for Graduation
After ensuring you meet all degree and graduation requirements, submit your graduation application online by the deadline March 7th for Graduates and March 28th for Undergraduates. The official graduation date for spring 2017 is May 13, 2017. The Application for Graduation can be found in Self-Service Banner.
Undergraduates: The online application will only be accessible after your department has notified the Records Department.
Graduates: The online application will only be accessible after your department has notified Graduate Studies.
Important Questions You Need to Verify on the Graduation Application:
- Is your degree/curriculum information correct on the graduation application?
- Is your name correct on the graduation application?
- Is your permanent legal address up to date?
- Will you be attending the ceremony?
If you have already applied and any of the above information has changed please immediately contact:
Name in Commencement Program
Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), if you withhold any of the following information your name will not be printed in the commencement program:
- Your name
- Program of study (college, major, or campus)
- Honors and awards received
If you completed a Directory Hold form at any time while you are a student here at Lamar University, you will recieve an email from the graduation coordinator requesting that you release the hold prior to graduating. You must complete the form and email it back no later than March 27th to have your directory information shown in the commencement program.
If you elect to withhold your name from directory information you must complete the form no later than March 27th to have information withheld from the program.
Degree Requirement Verification for Final Semester
Outstanding Balances and Holds
All outstanding balances must be paid in full prior to the release of diplomas.
- Be sure to check your student account balance on Self-Service Banner or by contacting Cashiering at (409) 880-8390 or (409) 880-8320.
- If you have books or money owed to the Library contact them at (409) 880-8113.
- If you haven't completed your "Exit" Loan Counseling Session, contact Financial Aid at (409) 880-8450.
Preparing for Commencement
Make sure to check our Commencement page for information regarding graduation or click on any of the links below.
- Ceremony date and times
- Room Assignment Check-In MAP (actual room assignement given one week prior to commencement)
- Guest information
- Cap & Gown information
- Photos & Videos
- Diploma Frames and Class Rings
- Memorabilia and Gifts
- Alumni Affairs