The fraternities and sororities at Lamar University present a unique way to enrich your student experience! Millions of undergraduate students have chosen to be a part of fraternity and sorority life throughout the decades. Find out about all of the ways that Greek Life can enhance your "Cardinal Experience" inside and outside of the classroom.
There are so many ways to be Greek at Lamar University!
There are currently 20 sororities and fraternities that make up Lamar University's Greek organization.
- Greek organizations offer numerous leadership opportunities for their members, on average more than any other type of organization.
- Fraternity and sorority chapters run under their own executive boards, chairpersons and committees composed from the undergraduate membership.
- Each national fraternity and sorority also sponsors leadership conferences that are held regionally and nationally for its membership.
Additionally, the Greek governing councils involve additional leadership positions working to benefit the entire Greek community.
- Fraternities and sororities offer the opportunity to come in contact with new people who share similar interests and values and who will become your friend for life.
- Fraternities and sororities also bring out the best in their members through strong friendships and common goals.
- Greek organizations have an impact on their member's lives in many ways, offering them learning and life experiences through community service, friendship, leadership, scholarship, and social activities.
Ready to get involved in LU's Greek Life? Contact Aaron Noon, Associate Director of Greek Life, at Aaron.Noon@Lamar.edu.