Learn to Swim Program
For decades, Lamar University has provided professional, low-cost swimming lessons to the Southeast Texas community. Our staff offers both one-on-one lessons and group lessons.
- Open to ages 1 year to adult
- Eight 30 to 45-minute lessons over eight days
- Cost: $65 for eight 30 to 45-minute lessons
- Open to ages 5 years to adult
- Four 30-minute lessons over four days
- Cost: $65 for four 30-minute lessons
Why LU Learn to Swim?
- Our lessons are open to the community - you don't have to be an LU/LIT student or staff member to participate.
- Classes are taught by Red Cross-certified instructors.
- We follow a structured program to ensure easy transition between each level:
- Parent-and-Child 1 & 2
- Pre-School Aquatics 1, 2, & 3
- Learn-to-Swim 1-6
- We also offer Adult lessons.