We offer American Red Cross lifeguarding classes!
Get certified in Lifeguarding, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, and First Aid.
You will learn:
- patron surveillance techniques
- victim recognition
- proper entry techniques
- proper rescue skills... and much more
For more information on upcoming classes, email Megan.Schneiter@Lamar.edu.
FIRST, you must pass the pre-test:
- Swimming 300 yards
A non-timed event where you can swim the front crawl, breaststroke, or a combination of the two.
- Two minute tread
Students must use legs only and keep their head above the water.
- Brick test
The brick test must be completed within 1 minute and 40 seconds. You start in the water, swim 20 yards, dive head first or feet first to bottom of the pool, grab the brick with two hands, swim back to starting point, climb out of the water and stand up to have the time stopped.
Lifeguard Instructor-Led Classes
- April 22, 23, 29, 30 from 9 am to 5 pm each day
- June 10, 11, 17, 18 from 9 am to 5 pm each day
Lifeguard Review Course
- May 6 & 7 from 9 am to 5 pm
Lifeguard Blended Learning Class
- May 15, 16, 18 from 5 pm to 9 pm & May 20 & 21 from 9 am to 5 pm