Recreational Sports is proud to be the largest provider of on-campus jobs to students, regularly hiring 100-150 part-time student assistants each semester. Students work as referees, customer service specialists, fitness instructors, lifeguards, swim instructors, and more. For information on open positions, stop by the front desk in the Sheila Umphrey Recreational Sports Center. Full-time staff positions are posted by Human Resources.
Where We Work at the Rec
- Member Services
- Fitness Center
- Main Gym
- Informal Rec
- Outdoor Pursuits
- Climbing Wall
- Intramural Sports
- Sports Clubs
Our goal as facility staff is to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for patrons. Our staff provides quality customer service, maintains equipment for patron use, and prepares the facility for on-campus programming. We welcome applicants who are ready to represent our department and provide a friendly face to the LU community!
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time at Lamar University.
- Employees must maintain a cumulative 2.3 GPA.
- Federal work-study preferred.
Intramural Sports Officiating
Officiating for Intramural Sports at Lamar is a fun, flexible, and engaging opportunity for on-campus employment.
- You'll work with fellow Lamar students just like you!
- We offer flexible scheduling to work around your class schedule.
- Officiating is a job that requires physical effort and critical thinking skills and knowledge of the rules for the sport that you are officiating.
- If you're interested in an opportunity to manage, officiate, and watch sports on a weekly basis, then officiating Intramural Sports is for you!