Event Services and Room Reservations
The Student Event Services Office is here to meet the event planning needs of LU student organizations, faculty, and staff.
The Setzer Student Center will be closed for the duration of the renovation project. Spaces normally used for student events, like the ballroom, the arbors, and other meeting rooms, will be unavailable during this time.
The Event Services Office has created a list of alternative meeting and event spaces available to student organizations and university departments during the renovation project. We're also making it even easier to plan your events by using online event planning through OrgSync.
Student organizations and university departments may plan on-campus events for Spring 2017 using the online Event Request Form.
- Reservations will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Event Request Forms for small and medium-attendance events must be submitted at least 14 business days on advance of the planned event date.
- Event Request Forms for large-attendance events must be submitted at least 40 business days in advance of the planned event date.
- The Event Services Office will coordinate with campus partners to find the most appropriate space for all requested events.
- The Event Services Office will assist student organizations and university departments in arranging audio/visual equipment, event set-up and take-down, and will guide their clients in following university policies on food, marketing, and security.
For more information about hosting events on the LU campus, contact the Event Services Office at 409-880-8727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Event Services Office has standard audio-visual equipment available, including a sound system that may be utilized for your event. Trained technicians may be contracted to handle all of your specific needs.
A full-service caterer is located on campus to serve all event needs. Dining Services will give you customized assistance in planning your catered events.