Student Employment at the SSC
At the Setzer Student Center, rely on our dedicated team of student assistants to keep things running - and we're hiring!
Student employees of the Setzer Student Center assist the professional staff in all areas of daily operations, including customer service, communications, event planning and production, and office administration.
How to Apply
All applications are completed online through the Student Employment portal in OrgSync.
All applicants must provide a resume and cover letter with their application. If you need help creating your resume or cover letter, visit the Center for Career and Professional Development in the Galloway building.
Click the Student Employee Application button to to begin the online process.
Duties of SSC Student Employees
Click on any of the positions listed below to learn more about what it takes to join our team.
The duties listed for each position are a brief outline of the main responsibilities of our student employees. All positions will include additional responsibilities assigned by SSC supervisors and professional staff.
Required Qualifications for all SSC Student Employees
- Must be a currently registered student at Lamar University
- Must have a current, cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Must be of good character
- Must be able and willing to promote the Setzer Student Center and Lamar University in a positive way
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Must exhibit professionalism, patience, compassion, and initiative
- All SSC student employees must attend staff meetings and trainings as required by their supervisors
- Varies by area. Up to 19.5 per week
- Most work occurs during regular office hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Some work occurs on weekends and weekday mornings, evenings, and nights.
- Varies per position. Begins at $7.25 per hour.
- All student positions at the SSC are work-study preferred, meaning that special consideration will be given to applicants who are eligible for work-study funding.